Your Spring Backyard Makeover- Pergolas
Though the cooler temperatures are here to stay, it’s never too early to start planning your spring backyard makeover. Pergolas are a simple backyard addition that's filled with so much potential. Here are a few ways that you can dress up your pergola to transform your backyard.
- To give your pergola a more intimate and private feel, plant Wisteria or another leafy vine to create a natural covering. This canopy will offer a shady spot in your backyard, but will also be a beautiful focal point of your landscape.
- If you're looking to utilize your pergola as an outdoor dining area, simply move your outdoor table and chairs off of your patio and under the pergola. If you’re feeling extra fancy, you can move your grill underneath the pergola as well to create an outdoor kitchen feel.
- Wrapping twinkle lights around the beams of your pergola can create a dreamy atmosphere. Snag some Christmas lights while they’re on sale and dress your pergola up.
- Create a cozy living area by adding a fire pit and outdoor chairs. The pergola will soon feel like a second living room.
- Are you a reader or a nature-inspired worker? Design an outdoor reading nook or work space by adding a couple of comfortable chairs and tables. Enjoy the fresh air and the serenity of your yard while doing what you love!
- One way to make your above-ground hot tub look nicer is to install a pergola over it. By adding the pergola over the tub, you are creating a cozy, comfortable atmosphere for your guests.
Decorating a pergola can look different for each person because they are versatile pieces. They can become formal living or dining spaces or they can serve as a second gardening space. How will you use your pergola this spring? We would love to hear your ideas!